POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Re: chi2.cpp : Re: chi2.cpp Server Time
6 Oct 2024 12:46:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: chi2.cpp
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 6 Dec 2002 14:04:44
Message: <3df0f4cc@news.povray.org>
In article <3df02f7e@news.povray.org> , "Tony[B]" <ben### [at] catholicorg>
wrote:

> Dunno about the rest of you, but all those gotos in there made me very
> uneasy. Here's a goto-less version, with a few other tweaks here and there.
> Not necessarily better, but more to my liking. Let me know if you agree.
> Large comments and majority of unchanged stuff ommited for brevity. This
> code is completely untested, straight out of Notepad... Enjoy.

As noted in the file, the code is from a library.  It works well and without
problems.  A general rule of all development is to never change a running
system.  Especially not if there is nothing wrong with it.

BTW, gotos are fine, they are just a bit harder to read in their "natural"
form.  However, you use them all the time - in form of the switch-case
statement.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde